Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What does this oil drawing mean?

Today, we listened to music in one of my classes and it was a very intense piece. The teacher told us to draw contours - that's it - and use whatever color we felt the music was reflecting. Mine had a little bit of every color - all the warm and all the cool. Most of the other people were limited to pinks and oranges and purples. I felt a litle bit of every color. Also, I had so many sharp strokes. Most of the other kids just used curvy, more free strokes, whereas mine were complex and strong. I also colored over everything, whereas everyone else kind of restricted from coloring over their previous contours. Since mine was more sharp and had more colors, what does that say about me? The teacher even said, "These drawings show so much about you guys, you don't even know."

No comments:

Post a Comment